If you’re an experienced businessperson interested in being self-employed in your own business, our entrepreneur visas could be for you. Most people start out on a Entrepreneur Work Visa, which allows you to move to New Zealand and buy or establish a business. After either six months or two years you can then apply for residence under the Entrepreneur Residence Category. An Entrepreneur Work Visa is for migrants wanting to buy or establish a business in New Zealand. This three year work visa is structured in two stages:
• Start-up stage: If your application is approved, you will initially be given a 12-month work visa, enabling you to buy or establish your business in New Zealand.
• Balance stage: Once you have proven that you have taken steps to establish your business, you're granted the remaining 24 months of your visa.
• minimum capital investment of NZ$100,000 (excluding working capital)
• 120 points or more, with points awarded for factors about the likely success of the business and its value to New Zealand
• clear business plan
• clean recent history of bankruptcy, business failure and fraud
• health, character and English language requirements.
• The Entrepreneur Residence Category allows you to live in New Zealand permanently if you have established a high growth and innovative business with export potential in New Zealand.